Lumen And Lighting Facts
In this article, you will learn about lumen and lighting facts. Lighting technology has evolved much in the last few decades. It only makes a sense that we need a different language in describing it. Lighting technology has evolved much in the past few decades, it only makes sense that we need a different language to describe it.
Using a lamp’s wattage to ascertain its brightness, that doesn’t work anymore. Consumers used to be able to picture a light brightness relative to the number of watts that used. In this, there are very few light sources that need to choose from. The numbers were pretty standard.
However, wattage technically measures how much energy your lighting bulb uses that nothing about like brightness. Newer sources like LEDs and CFLs produce much more light from less energy. So, we need a more accurate way of measuring correct light output.
Lumens and Lighting Facts –
When most people think about lighting then they have correct surface level knowledge of that subject. However, knowing more about lighting not only save you money but also make you a better consumer. You must know that lumens are much important when shopping for light bulbs than wattage. When you shopping for the light bulbs than how much people will know about wattage. You must know everything that you need to make a smart decision for your business or home.
Like food has a nutrition guide, your lighting has a guide on the product called perfect lighting facts. These above facts help to understand the great abilities of the light bulbs that you are purchasing.
Some Facts to Know About Lumens –
These factors play a great role in the abilities of the light bulbs in which brightness factor is considered to be a most important factor. When we say brightness, it referring to the lumens.
1. Lumens basically refers to how much light the bulb is putting out.
2. A lumen is a unit of measurement that measures the brightness of bulbs. It means that higher the lumens, the brighter the bulb will be.
3. When considering lumens, you should consider the amount of light that you needed for your space. It basically depends on the space that you need to light. Brighter is not always better and create a binding effect in a space that is too small for the lumens.
4. A light bulb for a workstation is recommended to be around generally 50 lumens per square feet. While a living room setting of approximately 250 feet that will need around 5000 lumens. It doesn’t mean that you need only one light source to meet this lumen output.
5. It is important to note that this doesn’t mean that this doesn’t mean you need an only light source to meet this lumen output. You could have a primary light source with 3000 lumens and a secondary with 2000 lumen lighting the room for a total lumen count of 5000.
Well, this was the end of the article of Lumen and Lighting facts. With a basic understanding of the importance of lumens and choosing the right bulb for your space, you can make an informed and confident decision. These lighting facts should be a handy guide as the capabilities of the bulb but lumens is where you need to be more focus.