LED is also known as Light Emitting Diode. LED is a highly energy efficient technology. LED is small, very efficient bulb. LED technology is advancing rapidly, with many new style bulbs. Quality of LED lights is much better than CFL light bulb, it last longer. LED is the next generation of home lighting.
ABOUT CFL LIGHT BULB
CFL is also known as Compact Fluorescent Lamp. CFL contain toxic mercury. CFLs use one-fifth to one-third the electric power, and last eight to fifteen times longer. CFL light output is roughly proportional to phosphor surface area.
LED VS. CFL LIGHT BULB
Nowadays, cost is the biggest factor. When people need to replace their bulb, cost is major factor in their decision. People finds those type of bulbs which are in less amount, long run or more cheaper.
LED is last from 8-10 times longer than the CFL Light bulb, use about 75% less energy, and produce 90% less heat while delivering more light per Watt. LED cost is very less according to CFL light bulbs.
- LED’s uses less energy than the CFL light bulb.
- LED’s Produce extremely bright light that spreads evenly but CFL light bulb not spread as evenly as other sources.
- LED’s have a longer life time(40,000) hours but CFL light bulb have (10,000) hours.
- LED’s have less impact on the environment and human health but CFL’S contain mercury it’s very dangerous for the environment and human health.
- LED’s are far more energy efficient than incandescent or fluorescent lights, which emit light in a much wider band of wavelengths, CFL does not do this.
- LED’s are very low heat light emitting but, CFLs are heat light emitting.
- LED’s is no light flicker but CFLs are light flicker.
- LED’s using a standard 12.5-watt but, CFLs using 20 watt.
According to comparison LED’s are better than the CFL’S light bulb.